Emotions guide your life, understanding them can transform your life!
This eCourse offers a clear, comprehensive, and enlightening guide to understanding the importance of emotions.
Researchers are now saying emotional intelligence is more important that IQ, with recent studies showing that it “predicts over 54% of the variation in success” in relationships, health, and quality of life. Emotions shape our lives in so many ways. They act as our internal compass, driving our actions and informing our desires. Our emotions have a powerful impact on all our relationships. Exploring your emotions and how they impact your life can help you develop yourself, transform your relationships, and change your life.
Join Dr. Les Greenberg, the primary originator and developer of Emotion Focused Therapy, and PsychAlive’s Dr. Lisa Firestone for an enlightening online course on understanding your emotions as an empowering tool to transform your life as an individual, a couple, or a therapist working with clients. This exclusive online course offers you the unique opportunity to learn directly from Dr. Greenberg who will illuminate his theory on the importance of emotions, which will empower you in every aspect of your life. His course will break down how you can:
- Gain awareness of how your emotions drive your life
- Recognize the difference between adaptive and maladaptive emotions
- Learn to understand, manage, and transform your maladaptive emotions
- Develop strategies for accessing your healthy, adaptive emotions
- Become more aware of primary emotions that are often covered over by secondary emotions that don’t serve you well
- Understand how your past may be influencing your current emotions
- Gain insight into relationship cycles and dynamics that may be destructive to your relationship
- Identify your core wants and needs in life and relationships
- Learn to express primary attachment and identity emotions more directly to experience more closeness in your relationships
- Appreciate the power of emotional vulnerability
- Build awareness, regulation, and transformation of emotions in order to facilitate change
- Learn the principles and practices of Emotion Focused Therapy
All course materials will be made available online for individuals to tune-in at their own pace, including:
- Video lessons with Dr. Les Greenberg and Dr. Lisa Firestone
- Exercises to use yourself or with clients to enhance your understanding of your emotions as they relate to your patterns, your past, and dynamics in your relationships
- Practices to promote emotional resilience
- Demonstrative video of Dr. Greenberg using EFT with a couple in a live therapy session
Lesson 1: An Introduction to Emotion
Lesson 2: Understanding Primary and Secondary Emotions
Lesson 3: The Difference Between Adaptive and Maladaptive Emotions
Lesson 4: Wants and Needs in Relationships
Lesson 5: The Importance of Vulnerability
Lesson 6: Common Cycles and Dynamics in Relationships
Lesson 7: An Introduction to Emotion Focused Therapy
Dr. Leslie Greenberg is a co-founder of emotion-focused therapy (EFT), He is also the director for the Emotion-Focused Therapy Clinic housed at York University. Greenberg is a founding member of the Society of the Exploration of Psychotherapy Integration (SEPI) and the Society for Constructivism in Psychotherapy (SCP). He is the author of several books, including Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy: The Dynamics of Emotion, Love and Power and Emotion-Focused Therapy for Depression and Emotion Focused Therapy.
Dr. Lisa Firestone is the Director of Research and Education at The Glendon Association. An accomplished and much requested lecturer, Dr. Firestone speaks at national and international conferences in the areas of couple relations, parenting, and suicide and violence prevention. Dr. Firestone has published numerous professional articles, and most recently was the co-author of Sex and Love in Intimate Relationships(APA Books, 2006), Conquer Your Critical Inner Voice (New Harbinger, 2002),Creating a Life of Meaning and Compassion: The Wisdom of Psychotherapy (APA Books, 2003) and The Self Under Siege (Routledge, 2012).
Do I have to attend the eCourse at certain times? Are the presentations live?
This is eCourse is designed for students to go at their own pace. So all of the lessons and materials will be available for you to view (or review) at your convenience. You can log on anytime you choose and watch the presentations at the times that are the best for you.
Are Continuing Education credits (CEs) offered for this course?
Yes! CE credits will be available for this course. CE credits can be purchased through R. Cassidy Seminars for an additional fee. A link to purchase CEs will be available with the course materials.
I am having trouble accessing my course. What should I do?
Email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to help you.